Thinking of joining a cycling club? Cycles Veloce / Team Simple Green has much to offer you:
Cycles Veloce can offer benefits to our members that are both financial and structural. Some of these benefits are listed below. Add to this the robust network of colleagues and friends and you will quickly realize the value in being part of Cycles Veloce / Team Simple Green.
Financial – At least once a year our membership provides:
- Order team clothing at roughly half the normal retail price from our supplier, Voler (www.voler.com)
- The big O – Order Oakley products at a discount rarely seen. This relationship dates back to 1984! (www.oakley.com)
- Purchase products at a significant discount in the club’s Member Only Shop, which offers various products throughout the calendar year.
- Major discounts on Specialized bikes, Shimano gruppos and Shimano Pro component parts that allow you to ride the latest technology.
- Shop Affiliations – we are teamed with some of the best shops in each market area our riders are located. Our shops provide valuable services such as bike fitting to ensure performance and comfort; technical expertise and personal attention, as well as a club discount on parts and accessories. For SoCal members, the shop of choice is Rock N’ Road Cyclery (www.rocknroadcyclery.net), with 4 locations conveniently located throughout Orange County: Mission Viejo, Laguna Nigel, Anaheim Hills, and Irvine.
- Discounted race fees (unattached fee waived) for those that wish to test their fitness at USA Cycling events (requires annual license purchase. Details and guidelines on obtaining your license).
- Newly implemented race reimbursement program to help offset the costs of racing.
- Skills development
- Exposure to a great wealth of knowledge from seasoned cyclists and racers
It was recently noted that our club has a very high average age! That may not be seen as an advantage, but we do have riders that have Olympic, World Championship and National Championship experience!
These men and women are a great resource and can guide younger riders that desire to pursue the highest level of the sport. This coaching can be found in a formal or informal manner.