The Team Simple Green/Bike Religion Juniors Program is focused on a few simple key principals: promoting cycling and cycling-related sports, and developing youth racers by leveraging our large group of Masters cyclists. We don’t expect all of our juniors to develop into the next Lance Armstrong, but we are passionate about cycling and have a long history of bringing talent into the national spotlight.
Target Event Schedule for 2011 (Schedule subject to change)
Our mission is to promote cycling-related sports for kids of all ages. We believe that cycling is a sport/exercise choice that can lead to a lifetime of enjoyment. For our Juniors program we encourage meaningful friendship, good health, and fairness in sporting values -– all centered on cycling as sport — especially to encourage our youth to live a healthy lifestyle, develop leadership, teamwork skills, and gain confidence through recreational and competitive cycling.
Club Related Goals:
- To promote good health and fitness.
- Increase membership and promote education and information on safe bicycling.
- Provide real value to our members via significant discount on cycling products.
- Provide for our young riders via mentoring, skills-training, and support from our Master racers.
- To train junior racers with an eye toward realizing their potential via competition; to include State and National Championship events.
- Host and promote at least one race a year as a fund raiser and to promote cycling in our community.
- Provide Training/Mentoring and support our junior members at a higher level of competition.
- Juniors receive Free Cycles Veloce Club Membership (contact Dan Belling for details)
- Training Program
- Mentoring by fellow Masters racers
- Event Chaperoning
- Race Support – Dedicated Race Trailer; transportation to/from event