Cycles Veloce, aka “Simple Green Cycling” has openings in their Junior Development program for 2012 and riders/parents interested in cycling as a sport are encouraged to contact team leadership to inquire and ensure space.
Preferred Rider Location(s): So. Cal with primary focus on Orange, Riverside and North San Diego Counties. Teaching healthy lifestyles and choices that create leaders. Strong Preference given to young riders without a current Team/Club affiliation and athletes from complementary sports such as Cross Country looking for off season activities.
Our program offers a strong Mentoring, Coaching & Skills training program that gives young riders exposure to a great wealth of knowledge. It was recently noted that our organization has a very high average age! In our view this is a huge an advantage as we enjoy the benefits of riders with Olympic, World Championship and National Championship experience. In the last two years we have tallied a large number of State, National and World Championships and even one World Record in the 1-hour track event.
These men and women are a great resource and can guide younger riders that desire to pursue the highest level of the sport. As importantly these mentors are successful in family and business giving younger riders multiple positive role models.
In year one of our junior development program (2011) – we successfully took on 12 riders and produced four different State and National Championship podiums. Only one of these riders had past competitive club/team experience.
OVERVIEW of RESULTS
- 1st place GOLD National Track Championships (13/14)
- 4th place Omnium, 2nd in Match Sprint, 4th in TT and Points Race at National Track Championships (15/16)
- (2) Silver Medals, California State Criterium championships
- (2) Gold Medals, California State Overall… Gold Medal in track omnium
- 2nd place at National MTB championships (cat 2) – Sun Valley Idaho
- 10th place National MTB championships (cat 1) – Sun Valley Idaho
- Three So. Cal High School MTB league championships
- 35 Road podiums & 15 National MTB event podiums
We believe strongly in a balanced approach with a few key elements:
- Dedication – A commitment to a formal training schedule and extending into excellence one’s personal pursuits at school and with family
- Enthusiasm – We make cycling fun. We are focused on one form of riding, we have MTB, Road and Track riders that participate in all forms of cycling, keeping it fresh and fun. This “love of the sport” has been critical to success.
- Training – We hold early season training camps (free of charge) taking advantage of various school breaks to bring the kids together. Funny how you can make a long training session fun and memorable.
- Support – We offer some limited financial support and significant discounts on products needed by cyclist. Most significant however is our Team support and personal recognition for our members. The tight camaraderie and public reinforcement via our Website, and electronic media have ensured tight bonds we hold dear.
For more information, please complete the form below:
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form